Total Gas safety should be considered in every scenario; from the point of purchase to the point of use and to the point of storage.
Total Gas Safety - Purchase Guide
When buying your cooking gas, please ensure the following:
- Always purchase your cooking gas from a TOTAL Service Station or a TOTALGAZ authorised dealer
- Check that the quality assurance seal on the valve is not broken or missing
- Confirm the weight of the cylinder by having it weighed at the point of purchase whenever possible
- On making payment, obtain an official receipt with cylinder serial number and gross weight indicated
Total Gas Safety at Home Guide
Total Gas has a characteristic smell to alert you of a leak
- If you detect the smell, do not light a fire or operate any electrical switches. Open all doors and windows, disconnect the cylinder and place it outside the building.
- Safety check the cylinder for leaks using soapy water.
- If you detect a leak, return the cylinder to the station of purchase
- If the leak is not on the cylinder, ensure checks are doe on the other fittings.
- Always store the cylinder in an upright position and in a well ventilated space away from heat, open fire or children.
- Use Total Gas recommended fittings. Ensure the hosepipe is replaced once it has reached its expiry date